Routee provides an API to send SMS messages to and from any country across the world. Messages are identified by a unique tracking Id. With this Id you can always check the status of the message through the provided endpoint.
You can check our quick guide on how to sent a text message here
Using the Messaging API you can either choose to send a simple SMS to a single recipient or to create an SMS Campaign.
Sending a simple SMS is quite easy providing only the necessary information (e.g. the recipient and the text to send). You may choose this method if you just want an easy and quick way to deliver SMS messages. For each SMS you send, you get back a unique id. Using this id you can track the status of the SMS (see SMS statuses).
If you want to send SMS messages so as to promote or advertise your services or products, the procedure of sending your messages is exactly (or pretty much) the same, apart from the fact that you may choose to send them in bulk.
Bulk SMS (Campaign) gives a variety of extra features:
- Send the same message to a large number of recipients with a single call.
- Use the contacts and the groups (or combinations) you have already created to make it even easier (see contacts).
- Personalize the message to each recipient using the labels from the contacts (check labels).
- Schedule the campaign so that the messages will be sent in the future.
- Test the campaign before sending it.
- Track them as a set (campaign).
You have to use the E.164 number formatting. E.164 numbers are internationally standardized to a fifteen digit maximum length. More...
Updated about a year ago
|SMS & Bulk messaging campaigns|